Question

Photo of Dillan Cagnetta

Changing "Campus" to "Church"

Hi, we dont used the term "Campus" but "Church" which is exactly the same thing.

How can i replace this throughout Rock? I tried changing it in the database but it didnt reflect anywhere

Thanks for the help

• Ken Roach

Maybe this could be a 'Black Book' suggestion? There may be other situations where Rock can be used, but where Campus is inappropriate, and could easily be replaced by another word, such as 'Site' or 'Location'?

• Photo of David Leigh

We looked at this issue when implementing Rock for our church.

Unfortunately, there really is no easy way to do this. The word "Campus" is used in various places through the code, and each of these would need to be re-worked to use a Global Option setting instead of the literal "Campus". In the end, we decided it was far simpler to adopt the use of the word "Campus" rather than trying to change the code - and now that our staff have got used to it, it's no longer a problem. You might find it easier to live with "Campus" for the internal site, but make some changes to the external site pages to use the word "Church" instead.

No simple answer here, unfortunately - but I hope this is of some help.

• Photo of Jay Greentree

Most of the changes would be in Blocks so I would suggest copying the blocks you want to change to a custom folder in plugins and change them in those files and not modiefy the originals because they will be overwritten when running updates.