Question

Photo of Don Smallman

Modifying Rock’s Smart Search box

Hi, Is there a way to modify Rock’s Smart Search box at the top of every page to allow searching for people using "First Name".  The Documentation indicates that there is a way to do this, but does not mention how.

Thanks,

Don

• Photo of Jeremy Hoff

Hi Don,

Thanks for asking.  From the docs: http://www.rockrms.com/Rock/BookContent/5/5#searching

You'll want to go to System Settings > Search Services > Person Name and enable the Allow Search by Only First Name checkbox.

I hope that helps,

• Photo of Don Smallman

Ha!  Thanks!  I would have never guessed that the information that I was looking for would be in the "Person & Family Field Guide".

I would have guessed the Admin Guide :-)

• Jeremy Hoff

You make a pretty good point... should probably reference this in the Admin Guide. . . .
      Thank you!

• Photo of Nathan La Barbera

Spark Development Team,

Is there anyway to make this feature enabled from out of the box? It seems like a lot of users could benefit from it as it has made my search experience better. I'm sure you have thought about it but I'm just throwing it out there. Thanks guys on the great work.

• Photo of Don Smallman

Agreed!  We have enabled it, and have not noticed any performance issues.  Maybe once you have 5000 members it might make a difference.