Question

Photo of Nik Petersen

Is it possible to customize a workflow entry form?

Is it possible to display custom content on a workflow entry form? With Lava for instance?  We would like to display location information of a person that has been assigned as an attribute to the workflow.

Thanks,

• Trey Hendon III

Hey Nick,
    Can you clarify this a bit more? Are you expecting this attribute to be populated only after the assignee is set? Also, are you wanting this field to be read-only, so that it cannot manually be altered in the workflow?
    -Trey

• Photo of Nik Petersen

I see that there is lava support in both the header and footer of the entry form.  However, it doesn't seem to work with filters such as: {{Workflow.Person | Address:"Home"}}

I think we are going to go a different route with this.  Probably a custom page for entry on this particular workflow.

• Photo of Nik Petersen

Yes, the person attribute would be assigned either by an entry form field, or another action.  We would like to display additional information about this person on a future entry form.  For instance Home Address and possibly map with marker.  This will help the staff member in charge of completing the entry form to make the correct decisions on how to fill out rest of the form.

This particular workflow would be used to find a person an appropriate home bible study group to connect to, based on their location, and other attributes of the person and group.  In this case the person would not be interacting with the workflow, but a staff member in charge of placement would be.  The staff member would need to see a bunch of additional information about the person and group without leaving the workflow.

I hope this makes sense.

I was trying to avoid writing a complete custom block/page/workflow bundle like the checkin system.  It would be nice if these kinds of things could be done with the main workflow system.

Thank you,

Nik