Question

Photo of Richard Caldwell

Pre-Formatted complete reports

Is there somewhere we can download preformatted/completed reports to modify versus building from scratch.

Basic reports such as - Membership listing, Phone/Member directory, giving statements, etc.

Surely there are already examples and pre-built reports to upload/install which are free as the product.

• Photo of Jim Michael

There are no preconfigured reports like you are describing (if you're meaning "printed" reports), other than the contribution statements. There is a directory block which can service as a Membership listing for a small church, just plop it on a page and go. Most of the "reports" in Rock need to be configured, but they almost all result in just a grid of the data... they are not really meant to be printed. They are pretty easy to create though. Finally, Rock has a Word merge that lets you take the previously mentioned "table" reports and merge them into a printable Word doc, if printing is really your goal.

• Photo of Kevin Rutledge

While I think this is a core functionality issue to get printed reports out of the data, there is a plugin that may help for 150.00 called lava to PDF.  I have not used it, so I don't know if it will work.  I don't know if you can creat a page with no other layout than a single block to take the dataviews and write the lava to format the output.

• Jim Michael

Lava2PDF is a workflow action and as such is only useful for taking data gathered via a workflow user form and then converting that (via Lava/HTML layout) to a PDF.