Question

Photo of Ted Medler

Updating New Install - Cannot Connect to Remote Server Error

Just completed install on Winhost.  Rock seems to work right.  Checked for updates and was told I needed to update to v1.6.2.  Update churns for a little bit and then fails with a "Cannot connect to remote server" error.  Not sure how to check internet connectivity on my server end without RDP access.

• Photo of Michael Garrison

Ted and Scott,

This has been happening on Winhost recently, and one of the core guys has been able to confirm the issue and will be working with Winhost to resolve the issue. Stay tuned!

• Photo of Jim Michael

This implies that your server cannot make outbound internet requests (and thus get to the rockrmscom site to get the updates.). It could be a firewall blocking things or other issue on your host. I'd start by asking Winhost support. If you can't rdp to a console on your server it's difficult to test. 

• Photo of Scott Conger

There may be an issue with the remote server this weekend.  I've not seen that message until this weekend.  I received that same message on my local machine yesterday and on my Winhost site tonight.  I've updated from both easily prior to this weekend.

• Photo of Donnie Turner

I am having the same issue. I am trying to install rock rms on my 1and1 windows server and this is the error I am getting "Unable to connect to the remote server" Is this still not working or am I doing something wrong?