Question

Photo of Ross Li

Event Registration for Self

I know there is an option to limit event registration to 1 person, but I am wondering if there is an option to either assume the single registrant is the register. We run a lot of conferences intended for adults, and I would say over 95% of the registrants are the registers themselves. It seems a bit redundant in these cases to have to enter their information twice.

Is there an option to skip the registrant screen entirely and assume the register is the registrant?

• Photo of Hatim Motiwala

Just wondering if there has been a resolution for this in recent updates ?

• Alyssa Winegar

Yes! At some point in v8 I believe. I'm using 8.7 and we've had it for awhile. You can go into the registration template settings and find "Registrar Options". You can 1. Prompt for registrar, 2. Pre-fill first Registrant, 3. Use first registrant.

Use that 3 option to completely bypass the registrar fields.

• Photo of Alyssa Winegar

Hey Ross! We have the same issue here. I was in the Master Class last week and brought it up. Currently there is no option to assume that the registrant is the registrar, but I added the idea to the black book

• Ross Li

Thanks Alyssa. I think it totally make sense for Children or Youth registration to go the existing route. And I think there are multiple ways to do this. One might be to make the make the event only single registrant and assume the registrar as the registrant. Another I am thinking maybe a screen that asks "Are you registering for yourself?", and if they say yes, then we skip the registrant screen.

• Jim Michael

I'm pretty sure if you set 'Allow Multiple Registrants' to No and 'Registrants in Same Family' to Yes on the event template, it will register the single person who is filling out the form. At least that's how it works here, but we also require authentication for all events so maybe that's the difference.

• Photo of Bob Chelpka

I would be thrilled if the "Who's registering" feature were made optional. I must agree with Ross that it seems redundant for a person to have to confirm that they are registering him/herself. Hopefully, Alyssa's Black Book suggestion will be adopted!