Question

Photo of Amber McCoy

Contribution missing from Rock

A few weeks ago there was an automatic update that changed one of our settings and it wouldn't allow anyone to login to give online.  Most people either just didn't give online or waited until we figured out what was wrong.  

We have someone who went ahead and gave without logging in.  It asked for her information: Name, Address, E-mail, etc and she used a Card to pay.  She did not receive a confirmation e-mail (she checked all junk/clutter folders too) but it came out of her bank account and showed up cleared on her bank statement so she didn't worry about it.  She noticed it was not showing up on her account in Rock on her Contributions.  She checked with the office manager (who does all the finances) and she was able to verify that it did process through TransNational and was deposited into the church account.  

So the money came out of her bank account and went through TransNational and was deposited into our bank but it isn't showing up anywhere in Rock.  I've searched all the transactions for the specific amount and it doesn't show up.  I even checked the Anonymous Giver profile to see if it went there.  

Does anyone know where this contribution is floating around in Rock?  Ideally we would like to "find" that specific contribution but we could add the payment in as a cash payment so it shows up on the Contribution Statement since it did in fact clear both her account and our account.  

Thanks in advance! 

• Photo of Bill Sheeler

Check for a duplicate record.  We had that happen a week or two ago and it was because they put in soemthing like john & Betty White in name field so it wouldn't match

• Photo of Brandon Fuchs

Have you checked for any Pending Accounts? For me when people give online without logging in it create a new user account which can be found in the pending accounts report. I then reassign the gift to the actual profile I have set up for them which then makes it appear on the statement. If any updated information is received on the new pending profile I merge it in and choose to keep that info otherwise I merge it with the actual profile I have set up for them and elect to keep non of the information on the pending profile which causes it to essentially be deleted. 

Also if this does does fix things chances are you may need to do a manual download of the transactions going back to cover the period things where down. Rock will then bring in any new transactions or updated transactions from transnational. I have personally noticed if the transaction doesn’t make it in for what ever the reason it won’t always come in on a change of status update. Also depending on your search settings and filters within the transactions block you may not see the transaction while its attached to a pending individual.

I use Transnational for our Gateway so hopefully this helps. 

• Amber McCoy

I checked the data view for the pending people and the only people there are the ones we had in there for testing purposes. I checked all of their files and there aren’t any contributions. I even checked the Anonymous Giver profile and there is just the cash payments we put in from our loose offering. Even when I searched the transaction amounts for that specific amount it doesn’t show up. Is there another area I need to check for pending accounts?

• Eddie Holeman

Amber, since this took place have you run the Download Payments under Finance > Administration for the Financial Gateway that was used?

• Photo of Michael Garrison

As an update, I worked with Amber in Slack a little bit today. We used SQL to try and identify any transactions with the given amount and date, and even the given amount irrespective of the date. All of the transactions found in the amount of the missing transaction, were by the same person, made in 2017, and do show up on the record properly. We cannot find any "orphaned" record.

She also said that they did not have to restore from backup (the issue causing the inability to contribute was one of security, and didn't require any restart/restore), so I can't imagine why Rock would have missed recording this transaction.