Question

Photo of Amber McCoy

Group placement from Registration Instance

I set up our first live registration for one of our Children's camps.  After some issues with the payments, it appears to be working great.  However, the group placement part isn't working quite right.  

It will put the person in the group but none of the attributes come over.  I double checked and edited the keys and the options to make them match exactly.  - I copied them from the registration instance and pasted them into a pages file then copied them from there into the group member attributes so I could be sure they were exact.   I don't know what is set up wrong and why the attributes won't copy over.  I do already have the "Set group member attributes" box checked..  

What I've been doing - and surely this isn't "normal" to have to do this.  I have to delete the person out of the group, go to the registration instance then group placement, manually place them back into the group I just removed them from.  Then I go back to the registrant tab and click on their name and click "Place in target group".  Then when I go back to the group, they are there again with all their information.  

WOC group.pngWOC group settings.pngRegistrant page.pngRegistration form.png

• Photo of Hatim Motiwala

Just wondering if you were able to resolve this issue? 
    I am having the same issue where the registration attributes don't copy over to group member when registrants are automatically put in the group when they register.  But the attributes do copy over when registrants are placed manually in the same group (using the group placement tab).

• Photo of Amber McCoy

I have not.  We didn't do this particular camp this year.  For our other registrations where there are attributes, I just go to the registrants tabs in the registration instance.  As a work around (although this is added work), within the group, I've created the attributes that I want to show and manually go in and add them (or do as I described above by manually placing them in the group after I've deleted them out. Not sure if this is how the auto group attributes are meant to work or if it's a bug since it will work when you manually place them?