Question

Photo of Vernon Wells

V7.0 Update Issues

Is anyone else having issues updating to V7.0?  My first attempt caused the site to go down completely and I had to restore from a backup, without restoring the SQL database, to get Rock back up.  It had numerous exception problems causing the restore when I restored without deleting everything from the root directory.  No help from the Slack community when problem posted.  So I deleted everything and restored from backup and everything was back to normal. Next try got the "Updating.." screen and after 6 hours, it gave the big R screen with errors.  This time I had to delete everything first, restored everything to root (files and folders) and had to restore SQL database.  I'm not seeing much help and wondering if it makes sense to keep trying to update.  Would a new install and restore of db get us to version 7 with the our old data?

• Photo of Knolly Shadrache

Don't know your environment, but if you have access to virtualisation I would suggest running some trials there bofore going live. We did that and encountered issues due to some custom development that worked in v6.10 but not v7x. 

• Photo of Vernon Wells

Thanks for your reply.  We do not have any custom development code.  We are using stock V6 with updates.  The initial install went great and every previous update did also so I'm really at a loss and don't want to recreate and register everyone again.