Question

Photo of Katie Williamson

Connecting a CheckIn Ipad to a Zebra printer

Our church would like to start using iPad to run Check-in in the lobby. I am having so much trouble getting the iPad to work with the printer. I know the printer functions as I can get it to work with my desktop computer. I also have Bluetooth enabled and can see that the iPad connected to the printer via that. However I can't seem to get the printer to be recognized but the Zebra app (Printer Setup) to even test printing it, let alone be usable but Check-in. I also have both the printer and the iPad on the same WIFI. 

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. My printers are Zebra ZD420, I just updated the firmware yesterday. My iPad is a 9th gen iPad in software version 15.5.

Thanks

• Photo of Chris Bennett

did you download the ROCK app for the IPAD? have you set up a Training training event in ROCK check in ? once you download the app you need to connect it to your check in portal . example HTTPS://rock.church.org/checkin

• Photo of Katie Williamson

I apologize for taking a bit to get back. 

I have downloaded the app. I have it connected to our Rock instance and have made a test schedule. I have no issue checking my kids in on the test but when it comes to the label step, there is a little box that pops up and says there is an error connecting to the printers. I can see the printer is connected to the iPad via Bluetooth, but I can't seem to get them to work. 

• Photo of Joel Warder

In the settings of the Rock app, do you have bluetooth printing turned on? You can get there by going under settings of the the ipad and looking under the checkin app's settings or doing the 5 finger hold on screen while within the checkin app. You should see that bluetooth is turned on and the id number of that printer listed and selected.

Yes I do have Bluetooth printing turned on. 

• Photo of Joel Warder

and you see the printer id in the checkin app settings?

20221130_125008.jpg This is what my setting window for Rock check in looks like.