Question

Photo of Kevin Rutledge

ACH on Event Registrations

Is there a technical, philosophical, or other reason why ACH is not an option for event registrations?

Kevin

• Photo of Jim Michael

I don't believe so. Just my guess, but I think it might have been overlooked since Event Registrations came way after Giving in the Rock timeline. If you'd like to see ACH supported in Event Regs please make your wishes know via https://www.rockrms.com/Rock/Ideas

• Photo of Shawn Ross

I'd appreciate knowing if there is a clear answer on this. There has been some discussion in Slack, but at this point it's a bit murky since organizations using Rock may have different NMI gateway providers; knowing if this is a code level limitation, or some other thing (like just not having the code there) would be of great benefit from a knowledge standpoint

• Jim Michael

According to Daniel, it's a design decision due to the fact that ACH is not real time and thus you can't know if someone actually "paid" when they are registering, and when/if the check bounces 3 days later, you have to jump through hoops to get the funds or unregister them, etc. So they simply made it not-an-option (and my above assumption was wrong about it being an oversight)