Question

Photo of Dan Abbuhl

Google Calendar inside ROCK ?

Most of the church staff use Google calendar.  We want to move everyone to the internal ROCK calendar but the staff wants the functions of the Google calendar that sends reminders of events and meetings. 

Question:  can google calendar be placed in ROCK and used for the internal staff.

Could it then be used for the external calendar?

The staff wants auto reminders and to enter the calendar info themselves like in google calendar.

• Photo of Shawn Ross

In my opinion Rock's internal Calendar is not really designed to replace Google Calendar/O365 & Outlook completely.

The internal calendar could definitely be used for 'Shared' calendaring needs, but for a 'personal work calendar' that isn't the target of Rock's calendar. It is a shared calendar for a group of people to access. It doesn't have the auto reminder type functionality that Google Calendar (and Office 365) offer.

• Dan Abbuhl

This is what I said to them. I'm wanting to see if the Google calendar can be used inside of ROCK.

• Shawn Ross

'The Google calendar' in what sense? Each person has their own calendar, and then there are public or shared calendars. You could embed a Google Calendar URL on a webpage, but, well, that's ugly at best...

Bigger q to me: what is the target for success? Is it moving some resource management to Rock?