Question

Photo of Kirsteen Ng

Adding Attribute Values block onto My Account > Update page

Hi, I have been trying very hard to add some extra person attributes on My Account > Update page. I would like my members to directly amend the details on their account page. 

So far I have tried adding Attribute Value blocks onto the My Account > Update page using the Admin tool at the bottom of the page but nothing showed up after I saved it.

update website.png

The following in the red boxes are the two person attributes  I would like to add into the Update Information 

person attribute.png

Am I not adding the correct block onto the page? Any advice would help, thanks lot!

• Photo of Daniel Hazelbaker

Hi Kirsteen, I don't believe that block will do what you want. It's intended to go primarily on the Person Detail page. However, if you edit the settings for the block that is already on the My Account page you should be able to select which Person Attributes show up for editing on that block.

• Photo of Kirsteen Ng

Hi Daniel - thanks for the response.

I tried adding the Attribute Values block on the My Account page but it still doesnt show up. Is Attribute Values the correct block to allow members to see their details and also allowing them to edit it? 

external_website.png

Thanks again for any response!

• Daniel Hazelbaker

No. That one will not work. Edit the settings of the block above that one (i.e. the little arrow flyout in the corner of the profile picture) and it should let you pick what attributes to allow them to edit.