As we all know, workflows are a very powerful capability of RockRMS.  The ability for a user to complete a workflow entry form and submit a request help to automate tasks and improve efficiencies.  Sometimes it would be help to quickly popup a workflow entry form on the current page instead of having to navigate to/from the page that contains the form.  This can easily be accomplished with a little knowledge of bootstrap.

The following screen shots show the before / after of wrapping the Contact Us workflow as a dialog popup.

Workflow Entry as a Page

Workflow-Entry-Page.png

Workflow Entry as a Popup

Workflow-Entry-Form.png

Prerequisites

Allow Frame Domains

The Rock URL for your site must also be defined in the list of allowed domains.  Please see the Creating a New Site section in Designing and Building Websites documentation for details.

Steps

Step 1: Create Blank Page w/ Form

The modal dialog uses an embedded HTML iframe to display the Workflow Entry block.  To begin, create a dedicated page with a Blank layout.  Disable all display setting.  It is also recommended to create a page route to conveniently reference the page from the iframe.

The following screen shots are from setting up the blank page for Contact Us.

Page-Settings-1.png
Page-Settings-2.png
Page-Settings-3.png

Once the page has been created, add the Workflow Entry block for your workflow.

Step 2: Create Button to Invoke Popup

There are several ways to invoke the modal dialog popup.  This recipe is going to create a button, using bootstrap, that can be placed on a page.  It uses a HTML block that can be placed anywhere on the page.

The following code block was used to display the /ContactUsForm page.

<section class="nav-sub">
    <ul class="nav nav-pills nav-stacked nav-categories">
        <li>
            <!-- Button trigger modal --><button type="button" class="btn btn-default btn-nav btn-block btn-lg text-left" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#iframe-cta-contact-us">                <i class="fas fa-calendar-plus"></i> Contact Us Popup            </button> </li>
    </ul>
</section>
<!-- Modal -->
<div class="modal fade" style="max-width:800px;min-width:600px;width:auto;height:750px;overflow-y:hidden;" id="iframe-cta-contact-us" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="myModalLabel">
    <div class="modal-dialog modal-lg" role="document" style="height:100%;width:100%;">
        <div class="modal-content" style="height:100%;width:100%;">
            <div class="modal-header"> <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-label="Close"><span aria-hidden="true"><i class="fas fa-times-circle"></i></span></button>
                <h4 class="modal-title" id="myModalLabel"><i class="fas fa-calendar-plus"></i> Contact Us</h4>
            </div>
            <div class="modal-body" style="height:90%;width:100%;"> <iframe src="/ContactUsForm" style="height:100%;width:100%;"></iframe> </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

A few items to note in the HTML code:

• The label "iframe-cta-contact-us" is used to join the button's action (line 4 'data-target') with the dialog popup (line 8 'id')
  • The size of the dialog popup can be defined to customize the fit to the Workflow Entry block being displayed.
  • The iframe (line 14) uses the page route is used to invoke the page with the Workflow Entry block.