Recently I started looking at some processes that our team was manually updating. I started looking for low hanging fruit and ways to take manual work and automate it.

WORKFLOW 1:

In our old process, an applicant would apply for a Camp Scholarship using a workflow. This workflow would build a Benevolence Request and assign a Case Worker. The workflow would notify the Case Worker to start working the request.

In order to customize our Benevolence Requests a bit, I added 2 Benevolence Attributes. These attributes will get used in a second workflow.

• Minor Applicant Name - This will store the text name of the person (typically a minor) that the applicant is applying aid on behalf of.
  • Event Name - This will store the text name of the event the applicant is applying for.

If you are interested in that workflow, I have linked it here:

Student_Financial_Assistance_Request_202012030959.json

A note about that workflow:

• Attribute: Approver Group - This attribute was designed to select a group of people from a specific campus who should be notified that the request came in.  These groups are named the same as our Campus Names.

Using the above workflow, we were able to build a digital financial aid request form.  That form builds the request in Benevolence and notifies our team.

WORKFLOW 2:

The next thing that our staff needed to do was notify someone on our team to issue a discount code to camp based on their financial aid request approval. So I automated that process as well.

I built a workflow that collects information from the benevolence request, and sends a designated group of people an email letting them know financial assistance has been approved. 

In order to customize our Benevolence Requests, I added 1 Benevolence Attributes. This attribute allows our team to reference discount codes later.

• Discount Code - This will store the text issued as a discount code in this workflow.

If you are interested in that workflow, I have linked it here:

21Notify_Student_Finance_Team_of_Benevolence_Result_202102141241.json

A note about that workflow:

• The designated group of people who are notified that a request was approved are assigned in the [Action] called: Assign Activity.
  • Someone from the approval group needs to click [Promo Code Issued] from the email they receive.

From there the following things will happen:

• Benevolence Request Status will change
  • A Discount Code is built within an event registration
  • The Discount Code is added back to the Benevolence Request
  • An email is sent to the applicant letting them know they have been issued a discount code.

Hopefully a workflow like this helps create some ideas that will help you and your church!