We recently updated from 15 to 16 (latest stable version to latest stable version) and immediately saw some blocks begin to render incorrectly. Purging cache on the local machine seemed logical, but then we weren't able to log in at all!

Screenshot_2024-10-15_at_3.43.27 PM.png

This problem was consistent across browsers, devices, networks, and physical locations. The problem ended up being with our Cloudflare cache, which didn't play nice with our new Obsidian blocks. Cloudflare had incorrectly held onto some old javascript files. If you're facing this issue, and you're using Cloudflare, try this fix.

1. Log into Cloudflare and enable "Development Mode." This will temporarily pause all cache and speedup functions, letting Cloudflare load your site directly.

DevelopmentMode.png

2. Open up an incognito/private browser window and test your site. Can you log in? If so, you've found the issue. Unfortunately Development Mode is a short-term feature (reverts back after 3 hours). Let's fix it permanently!

3. In Cloudflare, select your site and use the left-hand navbar to find "Caching > Configuration." Then click that big "Purge Everything" button.

PurgeCache.png

4. Now, disable Development Mode and open a new private browsing session. Can you log in to your website? If so, the problem has been fixed at the server level. Clear the browser cache associated with your website and you should be good to go.

Note: While I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I am not a DNS/Cloudflare/cache expert. If you need more help than this guide provides, I'm unfortunately probably not the one to help you.