Question

Photo of Carrie Swift

Can Rock integrate with a fingerprint scanner for check-in?

We are currently using FellowshipOne and are thinking about getting the M2SYS BioSnapOn fingerprint scanner to use with for student ministry check-in.  Since we are looking at possibly making the switch to Rock, I was wondering if we would be able to use the same scanner for Rock check-in?  Thanks!

• Photo of Jim Michael

There is nothing in the core Rock check-in to support fingerprint scanners (or barcodes, for that matter.) To support your scanners you would have to extend the Rock check-in with custom code, which is a pretty daunting task. If it's a "must have" it would make more sense to hire a seasoned Rock dev to add the functionality, perhaps adding it to core so others can benefit from it in the future. Many parts of Rock exist because a church needed special functionality and paid for it, either by funding the development for adding it to core or as a plug-in. I imagine this fingerprint reader functionality would make the most sense as a plug-in since a relatively small subset of all Rock users would use it.

• Photo of Niyi Osibeluwo

Hi Jim,

I know this is an old thread. I suppose the alternate identifier feature in Rock changes this and allows the support for fingerprint scanners (or barcode scanners).

Please confirm.

Cheers