Question

Photo of Dave Kroiter

Problem with regional date format with age restricted check-in

Hi,

I'm from Australia, and we use the date format dd/mm/yyyy.  While the most part of ROCK has no issue with this (the locality has been set correctly, and system information shows it as en-au, which it should be), the age restricted check-in can't cope with it.

If I have child with a birthday of 12th April, 2013 it will accept them and check them in to the 4 year-old program.

However, if I have a birthday 13th April, 2013 it tells me there is no one eligible for check-in.  I believe this is because the date format 13/04/2013 in a US configuration can't exist and so causes an exception.

Obviously, I don't want to have run the whole server using a US date system and confuse everyone, so I need a resolution.

Any ideas?

Screenshot (9).pngScreenshot (10).pngScreenshot (11).pngScreenshot (13).png

• Photo of Dave Kroiter

Fixed as of 6.7

• Photo of Dave Kroiter

Sorry, can't edit for some reason.  Just so you know, the admin panel interprets the date correctly, it's just during check-in.

Screenshot (14).png

• Photo of Jim Michael

Dave- This will need to be entered as a bug, which you can do here https://github.com/SparkDevNetwork/Rock/issues?q=is%3Aopen If you're not comfortable with Github or don't have the time, let me know and I'll do it.

• Photo of Dave Kroiter

Hi Jim, 

I've submitted the bug report. I was just kinda hoping I might have missed something obvious so I could get it going. I don't suppose you know which cs/asp file has the filter functions in it for me to see if I can find the problem? 

• Jim Michael

I don't know the exact file (block) but Rock uses the workflow engine to perform checkin, so it's going to be one of the actions within checking. You might find what you're looking for in /blocks/checkin on your Rock instance.. but be careful! ;-)