Question

Photo of Will Hatfield

A grade not showing up for checkin

Hello

We check in kids based on their grade level. Kindergarten - Fifth work as expected with the exception of 1st and 2nd grade. Any child in 1st or 2nd grade is not available to check in and will not show up after clicking the correct family. 

I then changed the Area to inherit from Check in and found that 1st and 2nd grade do not even show up as a group to select. I know I am must be missing something but I cannot figure out what that is

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

• Photo of Will Hatfield

I was able to get this working. The missing grades where in some way orphaned from the parent schedule so even though the time was checked the grade would not show. When we did the upgrade to Rock 6.7 where able to see the parent to the missing grade locations and connect them back together. I am not sure what caused the two grades to be orphaned from the parent but they work now.

• Photo of Aaron Porter

Hey William!

Have you checked the area's schedule? I often forget to set it up when doing special events. xD

Go to Admin Tools -> Check-in -> Check-in Configuration and select the check in area. Click the Schedule button for the area and make sure the 1st and 2nd grade groups have a check at the appropriate time. Hope this helps!

• Photo of Will Hatfield

Hello Aaron,

I tried deleting the area and then adding it again and making sure the schedule was set up as you said. I can now see 2nd grade now but 1st is still not showing up. 

• Photo of Aaron Porter

Hmm, odd. I was referring to this page:

Capture.PNG

You'll want to make sure these settings are correct. Does Grade 1 show up on this list for you?

• Photo of Will Hatfield

It is odd. Grade 1 does show up in the schedule list and I have set the check marks for the related schedule time I am working on. However grade 1 still does not show as a selectable group when a child checks in

• Aaron Porter

Does your grade 1 group have and age/grade restrictions in place? Another thing to check for if a group has multiple locations it will show up twice in that schedule selection page.