Question

Photo of Marcie Rempel

International address verification through smartystreets

I have a question about using smartystreets for international addresses (Canada). We have the free auth token from Rock but it doesn't verify international addresses, our city field keeps changing to the county we are in. I've checked with smartystreets and they verified that Rock only received the US auth token. Anyone else dealing with verifying international addresses?

• Photo of Marcie Rempel

Thanks Jim, I actually found the answer! I had the order wrong order in the location services area. We have it working now, but if that changes I'll take a look at getting our own token from Smarty Streets.

• Photo of Jim Michael

Have you asked Smarty Streets if they will give you a token for Canada? Prior to being included in Rock, individual churches could get their own token directly from Smarty Streets, so they may still do that for this special case. You might enter an enhancement request for Rock to get the foreign token here https://github.com/SparkDevNetwork/Rock/issues?q=is%3Aopen, but it could be a situation where Smarty Streets doesn't or can't give that to Rock like they did the US one. Doesn't hurt to ask, though.

• Photo of Brian Wilkie

@Marcel Rempel, 

I am also in Canada, and just saw that Rock has never successfully validated an address. (NO errors reported)

What did you mean by "The wrong Order in Location services area?"

Are there different values in the "Acceptable DPV Codes" or "Acceptable precisions" needed?