Question

Photo of Dan Abbuhl

Limit Group Leader access in Group Toolbox - Allow only Attendence - HOW?

I need group leaders to be able to take attendance for their group but this is all that I want them to be able to do from the group tool box.  How do I limit what a group leader has access to do?

Right now a group leader can do the following:

Look at the Rooster - Good

Take Attendance - Good

Click on Edit by the leaders names and change the day of week and time of day - Not wanted

Remove a member - Not wanted

Change a role from member to leader - Not wanted

Add a member area - Not wanted 

Again, I only want a group leader to see the group and take attendance.   I need to keep them as Group leaders so that they get an email reminder to take attendance and have rights to take attendance.

Anyone that I want to be able to add or delete from groups, I can give them a security role of Staff Life Workers.

I've looked all over the forum and can't  see exactly how to limit the rights of the group leader.

• Photo of Michael Roth

Hello Dan,

all of what you mentioned can be done but will require some work and changes to be done. Please note that if you make changes like you suggest that “might” have an effect down the road with new features or changes. Most of the time we suggest that you instruct leaders to be leaders and let them have some authority. What are you worried will happen if a leader can change statuses and member details?

If you are still wanting to go down this path you can start by editing the lava file named “GroupDetails.Lava” and will want to comment out the parts that say IsEdit where you don’t want people to edit.  Start looking there and see what you still need. 

Good Luck.