Question

Photo of Dan Abbuhl

SMS Twilio working but not sending replies back > Help

I have Twilio setup in Rock and I'm testing with the free trial account.  I have a number and have setup everything in rock.

For testing purposes, I've set myself up as the Response Recipient in rock. 

The SMS sends out to the recipient but when the recipient sends a message back, it is never received by the Response Recipient (myself).

I can look in Twilio and in the logs, Twilio receives the response but it is never passed back to The rock.

Here is a screen shot from the Twilio webhook settings:

My server is greaterlifechurch.org

twilio.png

What am I doing wrong?

• Photo of Jon Edmiston

You might check the Message Logs  in Twilio to see if you can see the Webhook calls. The should be labeled as 'Reply'. Also, you might double-check that your profile in Rock has SMS enabled for your mobile number.

• Dan Abbuhl

I can see the messages come into Twilo from the twilio website under SMS message logs and it is receiving the message that I am testing as the reply from the Rock sms message sent out but I'm not receiving the reply from the original recipient coming into Twilio. I checked in my profile and sms is enabled for my mobile number. I don't think we would want to really want to have long sms text message conversations when we send out from Rock but it would be nice if this functioned properly. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. Everything in Rock and twilio looks correct.

I watched your video on the sms setup and had to go to the docs because you didn't discuss setting up the transport. I've watched all your videos and you explain everything that you go over very well and easy to understand.

• Ken Roach

For international users: In New Zealand replies to short code messages are blocked by national carriers.

• Photo of Josh Sargent

We ran into this issue when we disabled port :80 on our new network and our webhook was still http. The fix was as easy as updating our webhook in Twilio.