Question

Photo of Dan Abbuhl

Zebra 2844-Z printing only half label

I purchased 2 Zebra 2844-Z printers and have them setup on the desktops running the Windows app that I downloaded from Rock.

I used the Zebra printer installation software to install the printer in Windows 7pro.

The printer will print a windows test page and a celebration page. 

I have it setup in the printer preferences to print 4 x 2 labels.

The printer is directly connected to the computer.

When I am in check in, it starts to print the first label, stops right at the black bar at the top, the red light comes on, the printer sends out the label as shown below.

label.JPG

I have tried only printing 1 label and all labels come out like this. 

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue.  It's like it is failing at the top black bar and stops. 

Is there a way to take out the top black bar?

I have tried both printers and get the same result.  I'm kinda pulling my hair out as I need this working tomorrow.

• Photo of Jim Michael

This sounds like a calibration or (incorrect) media sensor type issue. Have you tried going through the steps here? https://km.zebra.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SO8281

• Dan Abbuhl

I did everything on the calibration. It will print other things properly like print tests but when it tries to print the check in label, it stops at the black bar every time. Is there a way to remove the black bar to test this and see if it is the bar?

• Photo of Bill Sheeler

press and hold the advance button on top of printer and watch the green light blink.  It will blink once then twice then three times then four times.  Release the button when it blinks the 4 times.  It will advance labels and adjust for spacing and all should be good when it is done.  Easy calibration just like we used to do when we used them with F1 (actually works on all the zebras we use)

• Dan Abbuhl

I did what you said here and it is still the same. I'm pulling my hair out now.
      I can't get it to print more than 1 name tag up to the black bar.

• Photo of Dan Abbuhl

Does anyone know if this could be the Zebra drivers?  could I need to install different drivers that work in Rock specifically?