Question

Photo of Maria Antes

Installation Error: Line 61 - Cannot read that as a ZipFile

After disabling Webroot A/V and modified SonicWall Gateway A/V to exclude server IP, installation still won't go pass extracting web.config. Please help! Thank you!

Rock Error.png

• Photo of Jim Michael

Hi Maria-

We've found that with Sonicwalls in front of a Rock server, you actually need to disable "DPI" (Deep Packet Inspection) for the Rock IP. The easiest way to do this is to create a firewall rule for LAN->WAN with the Rock web server as the source that allows any traffic, then edit the rule to disable DPI like so:

SonicWallDPI.png

You only need to have that rule in place for installation... Rock won't need it for updates or anything else, assuming it can still get out for https requests.

• Photo of Maria Antes

Thank you for your response Jim. I'm sorry to say that creating the firewall rule nor disabling DPI entirely in the Firewall Settings didn't help. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

• Jim Michael

Hmm. I've done like 10 Rock installs now and simply disabling the DPI for the Rock server always works. What kind of Sonicwall appliance are you running, and what version is it at? If you want, post a screenshot of your firewall rule (the general tab)... maybe I can spot something wrong.

• Photo of Maria Antes

Model: NSA 220
    Firmware Version: SonicOS Enhanced 5.9.1.1-39o

It's possible the firmware needs to be updated that I'm looking into acquiring.

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 7.05.21 AM.png

The terminal server I'm attempting to install Rock is merely a temporary host to explore the software in our environment. We eventually intend to source out permanent hosting as we have over 40000 records and would need a lot more hardware and resources.

Thank you for your help with this!

• Jim Michael

Ok, that all looks good... but just making sure.... your 'Rock RMS Server' address object has the private (LAN side) IP address of your Rock host, right? (And that assumes the server is ON your LAN. It's not sitting in some other zone, is it?)

• Photo of Craig Mashburn

I to am trying to setup a trial server on a local VM. Getting the same error, Cannot read that as a ZipFile. Disable DPI, no luck.

Tried opening the rock-install-latest.zip file and it says it is invalid. Could that be the problem? Any way to manually download this file?

Gateway Antivirus was blocking http://storage.rockrms.com. Downloaded file manually and put in root.

• Photo of Maria Antes

Hi Craig, glad you figured it out. In our case, I couldn't figure out for sure if it's Gateway AV or possibly App Control that's preventing Rock to fully install, but since we're just in testing phase, I ended up installing it on a regular Windows 10 machine.