Question

Photo of Tim Cubr

Font Awesome Pro Install Error

We purchased the Pro license (version 5.1.1), and when trying to install the Web zip file on the server, we are getting the following error:

Error

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value

at System.String.StartsWith(String value)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Rock.Utility.FontAwesomeHelper.ExtractFontAwesomePackage(Int32 binaryFileId)

at RockWeb.Blocks.Cms.FontAwesomeSettings.btnInstallUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

We tried the desktop zip file also and received the same thing.  Any thoughts?

• Photo of Brent Pirolli

Same error here... did you ever find a fix to this?

• Photo of Tim Cubr

I believe it was a version issue between Rock and Fontawesome.  I was downloading a later version of Fontawesome that Rock didn't support yet.  We just updated a test instance of Rock to V8 and I will be trying this again shortly.  I'll let you know what I find out.

• Photo of Brent Pirolli

Rock version 7.X can only use up to font awesome 5.0.13.  Version 8 can use the new format Font Awesome started using in 5.1+. I was able to upload 5.0.13 to our 7.5 environment without error, but now any new font icons are just showing as squares... still working on it. Looks like fal fa-envelope works as an outline... but others like fal fa-fighterjet don't. Just seeing squares. So yeah... I'm confused.

• Photo of Brent Pirolli

Ok, restarted the rock install and all is well!  So it needs to compile the new font with a restart or something. Not sure if it needs the restart to compile the css for the new fonts into a less file, but the restart did it.  So there ya go... We ran FA 5.0.13 in Rock 7.5 and we ran FA 5.4.1 in Rock 8.4 today successfully!