Question

Photo of Brian Grushcow

Twilio only? Other options for SMS sending?

I'm new and trying to figure out my options for text messaging through SMS.  Is Twilio the ONLY option for integrating with Rock?  We've been using another SMS provider that has an API for sending and receiving.  They also have good pricing and a really good throughput.  I'd like to stay with our solution versus migrating to Twilio.  Can anyone please help me with this question so I can have options?  Can we integrate another API for SMS?  Thanks a ton!
  • Photo of Jim Michael

Yes, currently Twilio is the only SMS option. It's entirely feasible that an integration with other products can be built, but that would take someone writing their own plugin (or having someone write it) and submitting it to the Rock Shop, or sponsoring the development. The Core team would be unlikely to just add it to Rock core unless there is a high demand and someone sponsored the development.

• Ken Roach

Two way SMS communications with bulk overseas SMS providers is blocked in my country (New Zealand). So I have to look for an alternative to Twilio.

• Jim Michael

Unfortunately there are no other SMS providers built-in to Rock. You would have to commissions a developer write such an integration.