Question

Photo of Jill Girdner

Registrants in the same family

Hello! So we are trying to figure out if there is a way to have information auto-filled, when logged in, while filling out a registration without having to check the box that says "allow registrants in the same family". Hopefully this isn't confusing... When making a registration, I have found if I don't allow this or if I click "ask", then it will not automatically fill a person's information into a registration even if they are logged in. This causes us issues with people who are not in the same family being put in to the same family and then we have a lot of confusing work to do on the backend! So basically the box is in the event registration area under forms and details at the beginning when building a registration. 

Please let me know if I am simply missing something! Thank you so much in advance.

• Photo of Catie Pershing

Hey Jillian!

v9 of Rock will address this! On the Registration Template under Details, you will be able to select ‘Ask’ under ‘Registrants in Same Family’ and then select ‘Yes’ under ‘Show Family Members’.

It will then add some logic in on the front end, which is a mix of the ‘Is this person in the same immediate family’ box and the dropdown. If you select that the individual is in the same family as the logged in person (or a previous registrant), it will show the drop down of family members from the same group and will populate the fields with current values.

If you select ‘None of the above’, the form fields will remain blank and Rock puts those people into their own family group instead of the same family group as the registrant.

You can check it out on the Rock demo site, if you want a peek - https://rock.rocksolidchurchdemo.com

Hope this helps!

Catie