Question

Photo of Brian Dalton

Global Attributes - Email Header Logo

I can't seem to grasp how I upload our email header logo into the global attributes so our system emails look as we want them to.

Please advise.

Thanks. Brian

• Photo of Shawn Ross

Brian, the email header logo is by default defined using the Global Attribute "Email Header Logo" (and the stock templates should reference that global attribute)

You have a few options I know of:

1. Replace the already referenced image on the filesystem (which means you don't have to edit any templates). The documentation on Global Attributes implies this. Simply replace the header logo file referenced in your global attributes (by default "assets/images/email-header.jpg" on Rock's filesystem with yours (make sure it's the same name and close to/the same dimensions). You'll need to use the File Manager or upload the file to the Rock server manually (depending on your configuration).
    2. Upload a file to the Rock server and change the Global Attribute for "Email Header Logo" to reference the file you uploaded.
    3. Modify templates to use a different logo than the global attributes reference (not recommended, but possible)

If something doesn't look the way you expect, examine the template to see if the Lava references the global attribute. For example, the "email header logo" is referenced in the "email header" global attribute, which is referenced by default system emails

{{ 'Global' | Attribute:'EmailHeaderLogo' }}
  • Photo of Heath Miller

Thanks Shawn! This is so helpful!

Out of curiosity, why the need to change the image in 2 places? Seems like if you update the email header logo as a Global Attribute, the default email template should pull said image.

I'm sure there's a good reason, & I'm a newb to Rock, so I'm genuinely asking... I'm thinking an answer might point me in the direction of my next header logo issue.