Question

Photo of Brynden Devenny

Issues Assigning Connector from Workflow

Hi, 

I am trying to create a contact us form that filters based on (single select attribute) need that is then automatically assigned to the appropriate connector. I have added people in the connector group and directed the workflow there. When I test the workflow, it does funnel it to the right connection opportunity, but it returns the attached error and does not connect to the defined person. What am I missing?

• Photo of Brynden Devenny

Screen_Shot_2020-06-25_at_8.53.28_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-06-25_at_8.54.19_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-06-25_at_8.55.35_AM.png

• Photo of Catie Pershing

Hey Brynden - 

Based on the error in your screenshot, it looks like the issue is actually with the Connection Opportunity attribute value in your workflow. Specifically it's finding an error in the action called 'Create Connect - General'. It's finding that invalid, which is probably why it is not setting everything correctly. What does that action look like? How are you setting the Connection Opportunity attribute?

Also, for what it's worth, if I'm creating connection requests via a workflow, I often create an attribute in the workflow for CONNECTOR and then set the connector based on my single-select attribute and then use a 'Connection Request Set Connector' action to set the connector, rather than utilizing the default connector field. I've found it to be more reliable and easier to manage within our setup. 

Hope you are well!

Catie