Question

Photo of Adrian Schmidt

Little general guidance - Event registration (covid)

Hi first of all  I want to thank this great community! I see how the questions are asked and answered, and I'm amazed at how many people help each other. Great work to all the members!

Now about my specific install. Some time ago we did some research to get some registration system for our church (we need to have the contact tracing for everybody who attended), and found this great system for our church. With a 0 budget, we installed it in a desktop machine running as a server, and all went great. We are doing a one-time event and allowing people to register for each event individually. However, I am finding some issues with the way I set up the system.

1) Even if people attended one weekend the system doesn't show weekly attendance statistics are updated. Here is my name and my statistics

adrian.png

What am I doing wrong?

2) How can the members see what events they are registered for? (so they don't end registering again) People (usually over certain age) seem confused about how the registration works, and if they registered already or not. Any easy way to provide a screen with their already registered events?

3) I cannot find how to make the link between the checkin and the pre-registration. Anybody using the checking with a pre-registered list that can give me a hint or where I can be doing it wrong?

Thank you so much, God Bless

Adrian

• Photo of Bob Rufenacht

Hi Adrian,

1) On Attendance, the Weekend Attendance setting is probably not checked on the group type.  Look at Admin->General Settings->Group Types.  Pick the group type and look under Attendance/Check-In.  I would expect Takes Attendance and Weekend Service to be checked to show in those attendance icons.

2) You can put a Registration List Lava block on the MyAccount  page sidebar and set the block settings.

3) Check-In and Pre-Registration are linked through a group.  Set up check-in first with an already belongs check-in.  You might need to edit the Group Type (same as the Check-in Area) Display Options to show in the lists. Then make the registration automatically place people into the group.  The Already Belongs check-in will let the people added to the group check-in.

Regards,

Bob