Question

Photo of Josh Schneider

Protect my Ministry 2.0 SPF Record

Hey all,

We just launched our instance, and I am struggling to find documentation on one thing. We are setting up the Protect my MInistry plugin, but when we get to the part to set up the SPF record so that it can send from our domain I am struggling. I don't know a ton about records, but just enough to be dangerous. Has anyone done the setup for this before that can help me out?

• Photo of Jim Michael

Can you describe where you're seeing the request to set up a SPF record? I looked at the Protect My Ministry 2.0 plugin docs here and couldn't find any reference to SPF (or DNS, for that matter).

That said... in general terms, whenever you want to enable a third party system to send mail "from your domain" you need to add a SPF record to YOUR DNS records (wherever your DNS is hosted) which is a special record that tells receiving mail servers that the *third party's* servers (e.g. PMM's servers) are authorized to send mail from someone@yourdomain.org.

If you can give more info as to where you're seeing references to SPF in regards to Protect My Ministry, we might be able to help further.