Question

Photo of Dave Clarke

Emails to Mediacom (MCHSI) & icloud addresses all failing

We are using Mailgun & cannot get any of the emails coming from Rock to deliver to anyone who has a Mediacom email address (@MCHSI.com).

Mailgun's log will say something like this for everyone:  5.1.0 <bounce+7325a4.d9cb71-illinoiskleins=mchsi.com@mg.ehope.org> sender rejected AUP#SNDR.

Similarly, icloud addresses are failing with a Mailgun message like this:  4.1.8 <bounce+da9d0e.d9cb71-sbjbelievers=icloud.com@mg.ehope.org>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found

We have a level of Mailgun service where our IP is shared with reputable other businesses (Foundation 50K).  We have set Rock domain settings per Mailgun's recommendations.

Has anyone ever encountered this?  All other email addresses seem to be going through with no issue (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, etc.).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dave Clarke

• Photo of Michael Allen

Hey Dave,

Based on the error it appears that something isn't setup correctly with your dns records. When I lookup MX records for mg.ehope.org I don't see anything, which is likely why the messages are being rejected.

When we first setup Mailgun, we ran into the same error message with @icloud.com accounts. Creating MX records on our Mailgun subdomain fixed it for us.

Here is a help page from Mailgun with more details on that error and how to fix it: https://help.mailgun.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011804533-Sender-Verification-Error

• Photo of Dave Clarke

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your help.  Can you direct me to where I need to go to create MX records for Mailgun subdomain?  Is that in Rock?  If so where?  Or is it in Mailgun somewhere?

Appreciate the help!

Dave