Question

Photo of Mitchell Oller

Merge Records Error

Hello All!

I've recently encountered this error every time I try to merge person records (ie. removing duplicates).

I don't have much experience with this so any help translating the stack trace would be great!

at System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityClient.Internal.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.Internal.ObjectQueryExecutionPlan.Execute[TResultType](ObjectContext context, ObjectParameterCollection parameterValues)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteInTransaction[T](Func`1 func, IDbExecutionStrategy executionStrategy, Boolean startLocalTransaction, Boolean releaseConnectionOnSuccess)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.<>c__DisplayClass7.b__5()
at System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.DefaultSqlExecutionStrategy.Execute[TResult](Func`1 operation)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.GetResults(Nullable`1 forMergeOption)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery`1..GetEnumerator>b__0()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Rock.Model.GroupMember.UpdateCache(EntityState entityState, DbContext dbContext) in C:\Source\Repos\Rock12\Rock\Model\GroupMember.cs:line 1140
at Rock.Data.DbContext.RockPostSave(List`1 updatedItems, PersonAlias personAlias, Boolean enableAuditing) in C:\Source\Repos\Rock12\Rock\Data\DbContext.cs:line 409
at Rock.Data.DbContext.SaveChanges(SaveChangesArgs args) in C:\Source\Repos\Rock12\Rock\Data\DbContext.cs:line 220
at Rock.Data.DbContext.SaveChanges(Boolean disablePrePostProcessing) in C:\Source\Repos\Rock12\Rock\Data\DbContext.cs:line 157
at RockWeb.Blocks.Crm.PersonMerge.<>c__DisplayClass23_0.b__3()
at Rock.Data.DbContext.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.b__0() in C:\Source\Repos\Rock12\Rock\Data\DbContext.cs:line 87
at Rock.Data.DbContext.WrapTransactionIf(Func`1 action) in C:\Source\Repos\Rock12\Rock\Data\DbContext.cs:line 118
at RockWeb.Blocks.Crm.PersonMerge.lbMerge_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  • Photo of Mitchell Oller

For anyone else who runs into this down the road...

We hadn't enabled Snapshot Isolation in the SQL Management Studio- following those steps in the Internal hosting guide fixed the issue for us.

https://community.rockrms.com/documentation/bookcontent/1/148

(Snapshot Isolation is towards the bottom of the document)

• Photo of Nathan Parikh

I'm not sure of the full context of your error, but here is my solution to when we have problems merging people: https://community.rockrms.com/ask/troubleshooting/1879