Question

Photo of Melanie Davidson

Attendance Self-Entry

We have a QR code for people to scan with their mobile device prior to going into worship. This seems to be working for some people and not for others. For some, once they have gone through the process for the first time, they are directed to choose the campus and "Check-In". For some, however, it forces them to go through the process of inputting their First/Last Name (in the "Tell Us About Yourself" screen), Who Else is Joining You, and Would You Like to Create an Account?; then taking them to screen to choose campus and check in.

Also, the same process/QR code that works for an I-Phone does not work for an Android. 

I cannot find in the Manuals anything on setting up a QR code to scan like we are trying to do. I know if you go through Mobile Check-In you receive a QR code to scan at the printer location. However, we are only wanting to do this for adult worship (trying to replace registration pads) with one or two clicks.

Any suggestions? Thanks, Melanie (Foundry UMC, Houston)

• Photo of Michael Garrison

As far as the question of why some people have to put in their names and others don't, it could be that the people who have to put in their name are already logged in. Maybe they've viewed their contribution statement through Rock recently, or they're a group leader who has entered attendance for their group, or they checked in using this page last week, etc.

If they're not logged in then Rock doesn't know who they are and needs to determine that before they can choose a campus and check in.

Does that sound possible, given the people you've spoken with who had each of those experiences?