Question

Photo of Lenin Rodriguez

HTML for Merge Template for Groups Roster

Hi, 

I'm new to ROCK and I noticed that we can upload a template with html. I noticed that default is Docx file but it doesn't have a good layout. 

I would like to have html file that will display the name of the group and all the name of the members, but haven't being able to do it. Even on the word template I tried to put some of the other lava tags but they don't display, so I don't know how to do it and would like to see if anyone has something similar to see how can I adjust to what I need. 

I tried to look for any tutorial on how to get lava tags to html but the only once I found are here and they are new to me that I don't know why they don't display at all. 
Any help will be appreciated. 

Thank you. 

• Michael Garrison

Welcome to Rock, Lenin!

The built-in group roster merge template is an example of how to get the group name and list the members. You can download that template and modify it in Word if the layout isn’t what you want it to look like, then upload it as a separate template.

But if you’re having issues with your Lava, maybe you could upload it or possibly even a screenshot and we might be able to spot why it’s not working.

• Photo of Lenin Rodriguez

Thank you Michael,

Well let's put it this way :)

I create a table in a html file and I copy the lava fields from the word document into the table and see if that works. Obviously I don't get errors but nothing display. I know html it's not dynamic file but that's where I get confused, because I though it could be lie .asp file to pull data, and it looks so easy on word that I though if the option it's there should be easy for a non-program person, but do I need program knowledge for simple tasks like these. 

And in word the template has two columns and pull the name and last name of the group member, but if I make just one column then it gives me every member on each page. 

I was thinking if there is a html template on what it looks like with the lava tags so I have an idea if it's not as simple as just put the lava tag on html table brackets.

• Photo of Shawn Ross

Lenin, can you paste the contempt you're using in your template? That would really help provide some context. You definitely should be able to format breaks, and typically the stock templates and documentation have provided the info I need for this.