Question

Photo of Mike Sipps

I had this issue before **Rock app on IPad will not request access to local network**

Well, here we go again at a different campus and two new iPads. I cannot get the iPads to request access to the local network. Is there a code problem? It has permissions to camera for barcode and Siri and search for internet but for the life of me it will not request access to local network.

I am using latest IOS and Rock version is 11.4 with zebra zd420 printers, using the zebra app from app store.  I can print test labels all day but cannot get rock to print.  This same setup is working at another campus I manage.  I have no idea why it will not request access to local network.

PLEASE HELP!

mike

• Photo of Thomas Stephens

There is a new setting with an iOS update. I do not have an iPad in front of me, so I cannot give you the exact wording. But go to Settings -> Select the Rock check-in app. At the top, it will list some permissions. There was an added permission about the local area network.

• Photo of Mike Sipps

that is the problem, there is no button there to add the permissions.  It is like the App is not making the initial request for access to the local network.

Thanks

mike

• Photo of Steve Lipinski

I just encountered the same thing whilst setting up a whole new set of iPads for Check-in using Intune MDM.  Unfortunately, I could not find an (automated) way around it.  This is not my only manual step tho, unfortunately we have to disable auto-brightness for our stands as well as they apparently block the ambient light sensor.

My MDM setup resorted to two Groups in Intune with multiple configuration profiles.  On Setup, the iPads are in the "Setup"" or un-kiosked Group, which setups up a few things, Wifi, installs the Check-In app, etc.  Once that applies, I go on the iPad, manually adjust the Brightness in Settings; Run the Check-In app; and configure and test-print to the printer - which triggers the local network dialog.

Then in Intune, I move the iPad into the second, kioksed Group, which puts the iPad into Kiosk mode, locked to the Check-In app.

This worked well in the end, albeit a bit cumbersome to have to perform those manual steps...