Question

Photo of Jeff Surcess

What configuration is used to ensure a schedule cancellation results in a notification?

If in a Group there is this setting:

schedule_cancel.png

...and a scheduled member of that group cancels their acceptance as below:

cancel_confirmation.png

Why is the person configured not notified?

Thanks,

Jeff Surcess

• Photo of Jeff Surcess

Hi Kelly,

I see this issue is resolved in v13.0, and I am only on 12.

https://www.rockrms.com/releasenotes?version#v13.0

cheers,

Jeff Surcess

• Photo of Kelly Day

Hi Jeff!

I had this same question when we started using Group Scheduler. Are you the person who used the "Group Scheduler" to originally schedule the individual who declined? Or did another staff member schedule them?

The "Scheduling Response Email" (that notifies of the declined schedule) is designed to go back to the person who placed that individual on the schedule. If someone else does it, it will go to them, even if you are the one listed in the "Schedule Cancellation Person to Notify" field. 

Because of this, we make sure our staff knows that whoever schedules the person, will be recognized by the system as the "Scheduler" who gets the notification.

Maybe this is what you are experiencing?

Kelly

• Photo of Jeff Surcess

Thanks Kelly,

Yes so I personally set the schedule for the person.  If they accept I don't get a notification but if they decline I get the expected email.

To clarify, here is the sequence that occurs where the cancellation notification is not received:

1. Jeff Surcess sets schedule for test user

2. Test user accepts schedule.

3. Acceptance confirmed by viewing in Group Scheduler.

4. Test user then later cancels that scheduled event (using the link in the Schedule Toolbox)

5. No notification of schedule cancellation is received (by Jeff Surcess).

cheers,

Jeff Surcess

• Photo of Tina Reusch

Jeff - we are experiencing the same issue. I do see that we could kick off a workflow when the person cancels. Are you using that at all? We are considering using that until we are able to upgrade, so that we can force the emails to be sent to the right people.

Look forward to hearing your progress!

Tina Reusch

• Photo of Jeff Surcess

Hi Tina,

I'm still in a state of providing demos of RockRMS to our church network so we're not in production yet.  As a result I have decided to just omit that cancellation notification from the demo; it's fixed in v13 (my demos are only running on v12) and we would at least put v13 into production anyways.

Out of interest, would you use a Workflow Trigger to handle that notification in v12?  I had a look at the available triggers and I didn't immediately see one that would suit.

Cheers,

Jeff Surcess

• Photo of Tina Reusch

Hi Jeff! How exciting! When do you think you all will launch? 

As far as the workflow. My thought was to use the option on the group type, under "Scheduling". 

scheduling.png

From what I see in the information bubble, no trigger should be needed. I haven't tested it out yet, waiting to hear if anyone else went this route until they upgraded. Once I get the time to test it out, I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers and good luck on your launch! The Rock community is fantastic! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions. 

Tina