Question

Photo of Dan Abbuhl

Browser tab icon > how do you change it?

When I open the website in either firefox or chrome, the new tab has the Rock icon 

tab icon.png

The orange circle with the Rock logo.   I have a church logo that I would rather use.

How do I change this?

• Photo of Dan Abbuhl

OK.  I have figured out how to do this.

Go to CMS Configuration

Click on File Manager

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 2.05.08 PM.png

Click on the arrow for ExternalSite

Click on Icons

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 2.06.28 PM.png

If you have a .jpg or .gif or .png, change the name to favicon.ico

Click on the upload file

Choose the file and it will be added to the icons

Refresh your rock site and the icon should be changed

• Photo of Michael Garrison

Right now you have to upload the file manually to the file system, I believe. But starting in v7 (targeted for the first part of 2018), that will be just a setting you can upload a picture to for any of your sites:

Site Icon.JPG

Any chance you can wait for that release?

• Dan Abbuhl

I tried to enlarge the picture 300% but can't tell where this is in the admin side. Can you give the path or direct me where I can see this?

• Dan Abbuhl

I found the page where you were but do not have an option for site logo:

See my picture shown below

• Photo of Dan Abbuhl

Here is a screen shot of my page.  I don't have an option for the site logo.  Please advise.

website.png

• Michael Garrison

The setting you're looking for is going to be in v7, which as I mentioned is targeted for the first part of 2018. If you cannot wait, you'll have to upload your favicon to the root of the directory on your IIS computer, I believe

• Photo of Marcie Rempel

Hi Dan, how did you change the file name to only include .ico? I tried changing the file name and still have the .png show up.

• Photo of Marcie Rempel

Thanks! I got that to work and it seems to be fixed in my browser, but the link I've created on my homescreen on my phone still shows the Rock logo. 

• Dan Abbuhl

In the same location as the favicon.ico there are other icons that you can change for the different applications. I removed them all except for the favicon.ico and it will use the same icon for all unless specified.

• Jim Michael

Note that in Rock v7 (forthcoming) all of this is done for you by uploading a single image for each site.From that it then generates your favicon and other image references for iOS, etc.

• Photo of Patricia Isbell

I have followed Dan's links and instructions and my upload files continues to say Corrupt.  Any suggestions?