Question

Photo of One Life Christian Church

Agency Theme Menu Automatically Dropping Down Menu

I would love to be able to use the agency theme.  The top page menu drops down automatically when the screen is a certain size (i.e. iphone turned sideways & ipad vertical).  It doesn't go away either and  It blocks most of the screen.  Is there a way to fix this menu behavior?  Is this on everyone's Agency plugin?  

• Photo of Jordan Hellwig

Hey Scott I was finally able to track this down. There is what I believe to be an error in the bootstrap.css file that causes the classes to change when a device has a width of at least 768 pixels (like an iPad), but before it reaches 992 pixels (like a desktop). It could be that the bootstrap file is totally fine, and the Agency theme is off, but I'm not sure how to fix the problem without adjusting the bootstrap.css file. You can find that file on your install under Theme\Agency\Styles

Keep in mind that it's not normally recommended that you edit the bootstrap.css file for website fixes. I was just really unsure of any other way to do this. Open up the file and use Cmd+F to open the search. Paste the following:

@media (min-width:768px){.navbar-collapse{width:auto;border-top:0;box-shadow:none}

That should return only one result. Change the min-width from 768 to 992. Save the file. You may need to recompile the theme by going to the Theme page (Admin Tools>CMS Configuration>Themes>. Then check back on your site.

If someone has a better way of doing this, I'd be happy to hear it!

Hey Scott, if you're still having trouble with this, I may be able to help. Reply to this thread if this is still an issue.

• Photo of One Life Christian Church

Yes please

I'll get in touch my old church today to get the code I used...they were on the Agency theme and I remember having that issue. I think we can get that sorted out.

You can check out their site here to make sure it's responding as expected: https://www.southgatechurch.org/

• Photo of One Life Christian Church

Yes!  100% it works as expected.  

Great! I may not be able to finish that up today, but certainly in the next couple days.