Question

Photo of Hatim Motiwala

Theme Style on internal site changes after displaying file browser on external site.

Step 1 - Go to internal site landing page and it shows normal as shown below

Rock_Internal_Step1.png

Step 2 - Open a communication page on External site and display Image Browser dialog as shown below

Rock_External_Step2.png

Step 3 - Switch back to Internal page and refresh, notice the style is now changed to that of external site, shown below. Can't restore original style even by Clearing Cache. Have to close the browser completely and open again.

Rock_Internal_Step3.png

Any ideas on how to prevent this ? 

I just noticed this behavior for this one scenario but could be happening under other situations as well.

• Photo of Jordan Hellwig

I think I can help. Here's the quick fix first:

in the URL, you can add ?Theme=Rock at the end of the address to revert to the Rock Theme. Additionally, you could do the same on the external site if you ran into the same problem, using ?Theme=Stark

Explanation:

Even though your internal and external site are two different "sites" on Rock, they are both occurring on the same domain. Sometimes, if you bounce back and forth, it can load a certain page with the wrong theme (or "style"). The best way to prevent this is to add a custom record to your DNS settings that uses a different address for your external site. So, if you were to have your own instance of rock, instead of the demo site, you would have, say, "rock.mysitename.com", and you would have "my.mysitename.com." Then, in the Site Detail page (CMS Configuration > Sites > Site Detail ) you would add that "my.mysitename.com." in the domain box. This will help make sure that the external and internal sites keep their correct themes all the time.

• Photo of Jordan Hellwig

Absolutely!