Question

Photo of Shawn Jones

Problem using certain javascripts

Right now I am trying to use Isotope for some filtering on a page. I have tried to use other scripts like AlpineJS for accordions and dropdown buttons, Sidr for an offcanvas menu, but when I clicked whatever button to initiate the script, the content disappears. It was actually removed from the DOM. With Isotope, the filtering runs, but then the the page reloads. It is fairly quick. I have tested with other themes, even Stark, and the same thing happen. You can see it filter the items, but then they all just reload. I think there may be something with the whole installation of Rock that is conflicting, but I don't even know how to track that down. Any ideas? Here is my test page with Isotope. (FYI, it isn't totally formatted yet :)

https://dev.cschurch.ca/serve-finder

This Rock is 13.5.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Shawn

• Photo of Michael Garrison

Are you using the core Connection Opportunity Search block? The function of that block is to provide filters itself, and it probably uses jQuery as a framework. So you may be hitting some incompatibility between the design of that core block's design and what you're trying to add on top.

Unless you build something totally something custom (either in an HTML block or maybe a custom block that you'd have to maintain forever) you probably need to start by making sure you know how the core block works and ensure that what you add on top works within that context.

Or maybe you already are :) But context about which block you're using and exactly what you're adding custom would help.

• Photo of Shawn Jones

Thanks for the response Michael. 

In this case, yes I am using the Connection Opportunity Search Block. That could answer that question of my issue. I can't figure out what would cause the page to reload though. 

But I have had problems throughout the site that I have never had before. I am using the exact same scripts as past sites that I had no issues on. I have found workarounds by using other scripts, but it is just strange. I know they just did an update from 12 to 13.5 recently and had some hiccups there. Is there a possibility that could be causing some of my problems? 

• Photo of Shawn Jones

Is there a Lava block that I should use? I didn't see one.

• Photo of Shawn Jones

Great. I will do that. I didn't know if there was an equivalent to the Calendar Lava block for Connections.