Ideas

Merge People - add blank column

Merge People - add blank column

Other

When merging records, often I would like an option to enter the data I want into a field, instead of choosing between the two records.  Or I need both pieces of information (allergies, or addresses)

Please add a blank column where I could enter the data in a field. 

For example I have a record that has 'Addilynn' as the first name and nick name in one record.  It has 'Addilynn (Addi)' in the other record in both first name and nick name.  I want to put 'Addilynn' as the first name and 'Addi' as the nickname. 

Photo of Missy Wilhite Submitted by Missy Wilhite, Sun Valley Community Church  ยท   ยท  Other
Login to add a comment...

• Michael Allen

When merging 2 people in Rock you can select any piece of data from person A or person B to store to the merged person. But what happens if you need both pieces of data?

Allergies is a good example. Child A is allergic to dairy and Child B is allergic to peanuts. It would be nice to have the option for a "write-in" where I could store "dairy & peanuts" directly into that attribute without having to go back and manually edit the person after merging.

For a visual example, here is a link to a help page from FellowshipOne ๐Ÿ™€ showing an example of this in their merge process. (Scroll to the end and check the last 2 pictures) https://help.fellowshipone.com/Content/WebLink%20Setup/How%20to%20Manage%20New%20from%20Website.htm

• Jim Michael

I don't understand this example. You can freely pick the First Name from one record and the Nick Name from another record to decide which piece of data you want to merge...