Ideas

Sort Options for Group Attendance

Sort Options for Group Attendance

Group

I would like some sort options for the Group Attendance screen. Currently the names are sorted by last name, but I would like the option to sort by Family Name. Ideally it would be sorted by Family Name, Head of Household, then Age Classification.

The use case for this would be taking worship attendance for the whole church. Most members of a family share the same last name, but in my church we also have the following:

• A mother with children from previous marriages (3 last names in the family)
  • A family with several long term foster children (4 last names)
  • A grandmother who brings multiple grandchildren (about 6 last names)

Sorting by Family Name would also unscramble people from multiple families that share the same last name (e.g.: the Jon Smith family and the Bob Smith family).

Photo of Scott SevertSubmitted by Scott Severt, Faith Worship Center  ·   ·  Group
Login to add a comment...

Submission Success Tips

Cultivate your ideas for maximum impact with these helpful submission tips that will increase the chances of your brilliant concepts becoming reality.

• Clear Title: Craft a straightforward and descriptive title that instantly conveys the essence of your idea.
  • Concise Description: Provide an idea description that is succinct, ensuring it effectively communicates the concept without unnecessary verbosity.
  • Provide Additional Details: With a concise description complete, now provide any other details that are needed to better understand the requirements.
  • Thorough Ministry Need Review: Provide a comprehensive overview of the ministry need your idea addresses, emphasizing its significance.
  • Cover the WHY: Clearly articulate the rationale behind your idea, explaining why it's essential and how it aligns with the organization's goals and mission. Oftentimes a clear "why" sheds light into other possible options.