Ideas

Make Grid Filters More OBVIOUS

Make Grid Filters More OBVIOUS

Core

This seems like such a trivial thing, but it's bitten me enough times that I'm going to present an Idea for it... the issue is that when you're filtering on a Grid -- any grid -- it's way too easy to "not see" a filter when you come back to the grid, and convince yourself data is missing, time is wasted while you figure out why you're not seeing what you expect, etc... when in reality you're just not SEEING the filter you set a week ago on that grid because it's so bland and you've completely forgotten about it.

Real world example: Someone submitted a background check and didn't get it back in the time expected and asked me to look into it. When I pulled up the PMM grid, I didn't see a submitted check for the person, so the staff person submitted another one, and when I didn't see THAT in the grid I tried it myself.... only then did I noticed I'd filtered for "Completed" checks *ages* ago and wasn't noticing it.

I'm not sure what the ideal solution should be, but in my mind maybe a new Global Attribute that lets you choose the color of the LABEL for all grid filters... that way an org can decide if they want to stick with the default gray, or bright red, or yellow, or whatever... but the important part is that the label would only turn that color IF a filter is enabled. If not, it should just be the bland gray. That way, it (hopefully) would make filtered grids stand out and be more obvious.

Photo of Jim MichaelSubmitted by Jim Michael, The Crossing  ·   ·  Core
Login to add a comment...

Submission Success Tips

Cultivate your ideas for maximum impact with these helpful submission tips that will increase the chances of your brilliant concepts becoming reality.

• Clear Title: Craft a straightforward and descriptive title that instantly conveys the essence of your idea.
  • Concise Description: Provide an idea description that is succinct, ensuring it effectively communicates the concept without unnecessary verbosity.
  • Provide Additional Details: With a concise description complete, now provide any other details that are needed to better understand the requirements.
  • Thorough Ministry Need Review: Provide a comprehensive overview of the ministry need your idea addresses, emphasizing its significance.
  • Cover the WHY: Clearly articulate the rationale behind your idea, explaining why it's essential and how it aligns with the organization's goals and mission. Oftentimes a clear "why" sheds light into other possible options.