Lava Functions

Lava Functions

Lava

I love lava. You can do some very complex searches with SQL and lava together. I've made what I might call very simple, custom software using Lava, SQL, and workflows.

The one thing Lava is missing is functions. I understand that perhaps the design is intended to push people to use Workflows instead of functions. But there are many things that should be coded in. At this point, I have to manage several pages that share code, and the ability to have lava functions would be incredible. Sometimes I don't need to call a whole workflow, I just need to throw some inputs and get some text out. Things like this.

I'm sure there is a way to get Javascript to kind of act as the way to implement functions with lava. But it would be incredible if one could simply program a bunch of Lava functions and call them throughout the site, calling them with lava. Perhaps similar to how you can call workflows.

Photo of Caleb DeLaurentisSubmitted by Caleb DeLaurentis, Life Center  ·   ·  Lava
Login to add a comment...

Submission Success Tips

Cultivate your ideas for maximum impact with these helpful submission tips that will increase the chances of your brilliant concepts becoming reality.

• Clear Title: Craft a straightforward and descriptive title that instantly conveys the essence of your idea.
  • Concise Description: Provide an idea description that is succinct, ensuring it effectively communicates the concept without unnecessary verbosity.
  • Provide Additional Details: With a concise description complete, now provide any other details that are needed to better understand the requirements.
  • Thorough Ministry Need Review: Provide a comprehensive overview of the ministry need your idea addresses, emphasizing its significance.
  • Cover the WHY: Clearly articulate the rationale behind your idea, explaining why it's essential and how it aligns with the organization's goals and mission. Oftentimes a clear "why" sheds light into other possible options.