Ideas

Allow Defined Value as Criteria In Form Logic

Allow Defined Value as Criteria In Form Logic

Workflow

I have this attribute using a Defined Value field type and pulling options from a defined type. I set it the Allow Multiple Values enabled so it is rendered as checkboxes. In the form action, I want to enable logic by showing another field when a particular option from the defined value attribute is selected. Well, you cannot since defined attribute will not appear in the list of available criteria. Bummer!

But wait, I noticed that multi-select attributes are available in the criteria list. Isn't this the same thing? Why not make Defined Value attribute type available as criteria as well?

I guess I can do an SQL with multi-select to pull the defined value but it would be more convenient to just add Defined Value in logic criteria.

Photo of Jackson UySubmitted by Jackson Uy, Lake Avenue Church  ·   ·  Workflow
Login to add a comment...

Submission Success Tips

Cultivate your ideas for maximum impact with these helpful submission tips that will increase the chances of your brilliant concepts becoming reality.

• Clear Title: Craft a straightforward and descriptive title that instantly conveys the essence of your idea.
  • Concise Description: Provide an idea description that is succinct, ensuring it effectively communicates the concept without unnecessary verbosity.
  • Provide Additional Details: With a concise description complete, now provide any other details that are needed to better understand the requirements.
  • Thorough Ministry Need Review: Provide a comprehensive overview of the ministry need your idea addresses, emphasizing its significance.
  • Cover the WHY: Clearly articulate the rationale behind your idea, explaining why it's essential and how it aligns with the organization's goals and mission. Oftentimes a clear "why" sheds light into other possible options.