Ideas

Allow Group Scheduling from Mobile Browser

Allow Group Scheduling from Mobile Browser

Mobile

Hi Rock Stars!

We are beginning to use the features of the group scheduling tool in Rock.  Our ministry is excited about empowering staff and volunteers that are using the scheduling tools we provide, but to be fully utilized, we need the ability to schedule people from a mobile device (i.e. smartphone).  While laptops and tablets readily support the scheduling feature, it is only available in a drag and drop interface that requires a large screen to use and thus it is unavailable on a smartphone.  I've asked about this in the community on Rocket chat, and it was suggested that it can't be done because of the lack of space/pixels. While I agree that drag and drop is impractical on a small screen, there is more than one way to accomplish any task, but sometimes that requires a paradigm shift.  PCO has solved this very elegantly by allowing users to "click" on a slot where a person is needed which then opens a list of eligible users from which someone can be selected to work in that slot - no need to drag and drop and it still gets the job done.  Jon E. suggested I post it here for consideration.

Ideally, the scheduling feature would be available in the Mobile App as well, but I would settle for a mobile browser solution for now.

Screen Shots Attached.

Rock:

RockScheduleMobileScreenshot_20221215.png 

PCO [mobile] Solution:

PCO_SchedulerMobileScreenShot1_20221215.png

PCO_SchedulerMobileScreenShot2_20221215.png 

PCO_SchedulerMobileScreenShot3_20221215.png

Photo of Jeff McClureSubmitted by Jeff McClure, Lakepointe Church  ·   ·  Mobile
Login to add a comment...

Submission Success Tips

Cultivate your ideas for maximum impact with these helpful submission tips that will increase the chances of your brilliant concepts becoming reality.

• Clear Title: Craft a straightforward and descriptive title that instantly conveys the essence of your idea.
  • Concise Description: Provide an idea description that is succinct, ensuring it effectively communicates the concept without unnecessary verbosity.
  • Provide Additional Details: With a concise description complete, now provide any other details that are needed to better understand the requirements.
  • Thorough Ministry Need Review: Provide a comprehensive overview of the ministry need your idea addresses, emphasizing its significance.
  • Cover the WHY: Clearly articulate the rationale behind your idea, explaining why it's essential and how it aligns with the organization's goals and mission. Oftentimes a clear "why" sheds light into other possible options.