Ideas

Prevent other Staff/Person to Edit an Item from any Entity when Someone is Currently Editing that Item

Prevent other Staff/Person to Edit an Item from any Entity when Someone is Currently Editing that Item

CMS

Would be nice if Rock CMS or Core, prevent other staff/person to edit an opened item from any entity while is it being edited.

Why? Well, we're still working on our Rock website and been training Staff to update their ministry webpages. I've setup ours via Group so Staff can edit their ministry group and utilizing the Group Attributes as fields that staff can edit their content. The problem is while teaching them, I would switch to my logged in browser and do an update while a staff also have the same group opened. I saved and the staff save his changes after and all of my changes is gone. No simultaneous user should be able to edit the same item at the same time. Very basic security for CMS.

Just to show what I'm trying to point out, in Joomla, there is a padlock icon next to the article item title that is opened by someone and it prevents other people from opening that item until it is released by the person currently editing.

JoomlaCheckedoutItem.png

Photo of Jackson UySubmitted by Jackson Uy, Lake Avenue Church  ·   ·  CMS
Login to add a comment...

Submission Success Tips

Cultivate your ideas for maximum impact with these helpful submission tips that will increase the chances of your brilliant concepts becoming reality.

• Clear Title: Craft a straightforward and descriptive title that instantly conveys the essence of your idea.
  • Concise Description: Provide an idea description that is succinct, ensuring it effectively communicates the concept without unnecessary verbosity.
  • Provide Additional Details: With a concise description complete, now provide any other details that are needed to better understand the requirements.
  • Thorough Ministry Need Review: Provide a comprehensive overview of the ministry need your idea addresses, emphasizing its significance.
  • Cover the WHY: Clearly articulate the rationale behind your idea, explaining why it's essential and how it aligns with the organization's goals and mission. Oftentimes a clear "why" sheds light into other possible options.