Ideas

Add Block Setting to Obsidian Account Entry 🎉 to Automatically Enable SMS

Add Block Setting to Obsidian Account Entry ๐ŸŽ‰ to Automatically Enable SMS

CMS

Issue

When people create an account using the Obsidian Account Entry block, they have to check the box that says "SMS". The problem is that most people don't know what that means, or go so quickly they didn't even register it was an option. We heavily use texting as a way to communicate a lot of different things. Because of industry regulations, I don't feel comfortable automatically opting everyone in who creates a new account if they actually did leave the box unchecked.

Proposed Solution

I would love to have a block setting on the Obsidian Account Entry block that lets me enable the SMS box be checked automatically. That way, any account created without means they intentionally unchecked that box to opt-out of text messages.

Photo of Leah JenningsSubmitted by Leah Jennings, Northside Christian Church  ยท   ยท  CMS
Login to add a comment...

Submission Success Tips

Cultivate your ideas for maximum impact with these helpful submission tips that will increase the chances of your brilliant concepts becoming reality.

• Clear Title: Craft a straightforward and descriptive title that instantly conveys the essence of your idea.
  • Concise Description: Provide an idea description that is succinct, ensuring it effectively communicates the concept without unnecessary verbosity.
  • Provide Additional Details: With a concise description complete, now provide any other details that are needed to better understand the requirements.
  • Thorough Ministry Need Review: Provide a comprehensive overview of the ministry need your idea addresses, emphasizing its significance.
  • Cover the WHY: Clearly articulate the rationale behind your idea, explaining why it's essential and how it aligns with the organization's goals and mission. Oftentimes a clear "why" sheds light into other possible options.