Question

Photo of Robert Fuller III

Automatic checkin/attendance rollover from Sunday School to Junior Church.

We have one age/grade breakdown for Sunday School, and another for Junior Church. I was wondering if anyone has developed a way to automatically check-in to the Junior Church class all children that have not checked out from Sunday School. Can this be done with a simple sql block? I would need them to keep their auto-generated 4 character security code from the SS check-in so that it still matches the one that their parents received. Point me in the right direction folks!

BTW...some of you have been INCREDIBLY helpful, and I just wanted to say thank you to the community for helping this new guy figure stuff out.

EDIT: I know that this is a duplicate of another one on the general use section. I posted it in both places because I thought that a different set of people viewed each. If this is a frowned-upon practice, let me know. I was just trying to get the right people to lay eyes on my problem.

• Michael Garrison

Generally just posting in one place is best- that way two people aren't spinning their wheels trying to answer the same question. Sorry about the curt comment above, I just wanted to put a link here in case someone else finds this question in the future (since the forums are a searchable permanent record of questions and answers, I didn't want this one to look unanswered). I was in the middle of composing the answer in the other forum when I saw this, so I just posted a link and went back to composing =) I didn't mean it to come off harsh.

By the way, once you've posted in one place, if you want to get more eyes on it, I recommend you jump into the Slack channel (register at http://rockrms.com/slack or go straight to https://rockrms.slack.com if you're already registered) - there are specific channels like #develop and #sql in there where you can solicit views and get some realtime feedback where appropriate.

• Photo of David Stevens

Since this has been answered, I'd recommend marking complete.

• Photo of Robert Fuller III

Is that done in a special setting, or just editing the original message to say COMPLETED at the top?